Corporate Social Responsibility
The joy of giving is truly great!
We, as a company, are dedicated to our efforts to make a difference both socially and environmentally. This dedication is shared by the most important factor of our company… its people… us… each and every one of us.
“I feel honoured that I work for a company that helps people and gives us the opportunity to give as well; it is an experience that is worth trying” Vicky
“The experience of giving brought me closer to idea of volunteerism and the consideration of society as a whole, social problems and the magnitude of those problems which I didn’t realize beforehand” Hercules
“I am glad that through the company I can offer to those who are in need” Alexis
“the joy of giving is priceless and to the giver offers as much fulfillment as to the receiver. It’s a wonderful feeling to be able to play a part in making someone smile – that smile is priceless as well as memeorable” Elli
Simply Greek offers products, at no cost, to be sold at bazaars, fetes and fundraising events in aide of certain charities. Some examples:
St John Rossos – Church run home for the elderly in Chalkida, Evia
Join Us Bazaar – for “Kivotos” homes for children
“food for good” – a nonprofit do good team of food bloggers
We also donate foods for children’s homes via “the Child and the Family”
Apart from these activities, we produce 18 products exclusively for Wise Greece, a nonprofit organization operating as a social enterprise by which profits are used to buy foods which are then donated to soup kitchens, foods banks, orphanages, homes for those in need. By doing this we make sure our effort to give back to society is sustainable and ongoing. Hence, we can offer on a regular and constant basis.
We started producing products for Wise Greece in May 2014 and up until now we have been able to offer 15200 portions of food.
Simply Greek CRS in pictures…
Our programme to protect the environment as much as we can:
- We have created our Simply Green Greek campaign urging people not to throw away the jars form our products. We offer ideas to re-use the jars – click here
- We programme our production of each product in specific batches and also our ordering of ingredients so as to reduce our carbon footprint.
- We have a delivery system to that we may make deliveries 3 times a week whereby all orders are gathered & organized according to location so that we may lower our carbon footprint by delivering by area.
- We have switched to producing all our foodservice products in recyclable glass jars.
- We reuse / recycle all the cardboard packaging in our warehouse